Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cercina with new descent route

After a long ride yesterday, I was either going to take the day off or go for a short ride.  The weather is spectacular - clear skies, high predicted to be around 75, so I had to get out.  I did one of my standard short rides but checked out a new descent route.  I climbed Via Bolognese to Pian de San Bartolo, turned off and contoured / climbed to Cercina, and past to a church where there are 3 road options.  I had looked at maps this morning, and it looks like one option climbs steeply up to the Monte Morello road, which I will have to try in the future.  One is my normal route, and I took the third, which was a spectacular descent, that had one option on the way down, which appears to be another way to end up in very close to the same place.  I did not ride it very fast, as I am not going to go for it the first time on portions with 15% plus grades.  Next time, and there will be a next time - it was super fun - a little faster.  The route I took brings you in a couple of hundred meters to the west of the normal route, so the same return to the apartment  Super fun - I love new roads!

Cercina with new descent route by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


This is the church at the location for the three different road options.
I particularly like the bell tower with the rusticated stone.


The start of the new option - looks fun.


Around 1/3 the way down the new road, my hopes are confirmed - it is a great, fun route.

No comments:

Post a Comment