Saturday, October 27, 2012

Rain or no rain - a quick ride

There was a team ride scheduled this morning, but when I got up to check the weather around 6, it was sprinkling and the roads were totally wet.  Back to bed.  Yesterday, it rained as well, but was actually less wet than today.  After a slow breakfast - my American breakfast morning - Emily and I went into the center in the rain and checked things out.  We had a fun 2 hour stroll, with weekend markets in Piazza Republica and Piazza Santissima Annucitata.  The rain came and went, and it was fun strolling the city with umbrellas everywhere.  After returning home, I was determined to get a ride in, but it was raining hard, and I decided to wait for a break.  I read on the terrace for an hour or two, with one start to get ready, just to look out and see pouring rain again.  The next chance I got, I was on it, and put in a short but fun ride.  I climbed Via Bolognese to Pian de San Bartolo, turned off toward Cercina, but it started pouring rain, so I took the shorter route through Canonica.  This road is quite steep at times, so I really kept the descent speed under control.  A cross wind of around 30kph started, so I was very cautious.  After returning to the city, I tried a different route to the apartment, which worked pretty well.  Fun ride - 11 miles, 1200 vertical, average rolling speed around 11 mph.  Check out the link for any additional information.  Ciao!

Rain or no rain - a quick ride by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


Em at Piazza Republica with her new poncho and rain boots.


The Giostra in Piazza Republica with umbrella'd pedestrians everywhere.


A look toward Piazza Signoria with many groups and individuals under their umbrellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment