Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Late afternoon - Vincigliata, L'Olmo, Caldine, Firenze

After a busy day managing what passes for my marketing program -  1.  Finally getting signed up with Trip Advisor, posting some information and pictures, then begging for people to write reviews.  2.  Working with some charities I have donated 5 day cycling vouchers to and putting out a few more - I set out for a ride around 4:00.  The weather had been a little threatening all day, and the forecast called for late afternoon showers, but it magically cleared right before I decided to ride.  I hooked some favorites up with a ride the back way to San Domenico, started the Fiesole climb, then descended past Maiano to San Martino where I started the real climb.  I climbed up past Vincigliata to the road that links to another road above Fiesole, the enjoyed the weather and very gradual climb to the junction of the 4 roads just above L'Olmo.  I then descended, passing a motorino around half way down, which is a rarity for me, then booked the flattening descent back home.  Around 1-1/2 hours, 2400 vertical, and 20 miles.  For more exact information, click the link to Garmin.

Late afternoon - Vincigliata, L'Olmo, Caldine, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


This is where the climb through Vincigliata starts.


The cypress trees vertically frame the road above Vincigliata.


My attempt at a scenic shot while riding - Monte Morello - yesterday's ride - in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment