Thursday, October 25, 2012

Maiano, Vincigliata, Fiesole, back for lunch out with Emily

It is a truly beautiful day, temperature around 70, clear skies, perfect.  The weather is predicted to make a big change overnight, so today, I made hay while the sun shone.  I met Kate and Vittorio at the park right by our house around 9:30, and we spent a couple of hours playing in the park.  Vittorio is a riot right now, and is truly delighted to get into almost everything at once.  After returning home, the weather was calling, so I decided on a quick ride, as I have a commitment on Thursday's at 5:30, and I knew Emily might want to do something after her class.

I rode up the back way to San Domenico, then up to the Maiano turn-off, where I descended through Maiano to the San Martino church, and then did the climb through Vincigliata to the road over to the Fiesole / Olmo road.  My initial plan was to go up to road, and descend on the Monteloro ride, but a little ways into the road, Emily called, and we decided to have lunch in the centro.  We determined a meeting place by Santa Croce, and I went down through Fiesole, into the centro.  I got stuck behind a truck, and was not into passing it, as most of the time his pace was fine for me, but I did loose a few minutes to the follow.

Emily and I had a nice lunch and both had Pizzas at a place on the piazza Santa Croce.  We have been here for 1 year now, not including the two months we spent in Colorado in February / March getting everything ready for us to be here more permanently.  It seems to be going well so far, so we are planning on hanging in there for a while.  Check the link for more details, but the ride was 15.3 miles with 1690 vertical feet climbed in 1:19 rolling time.  Ciao.

Maiano, Vincigliata, Fiesole by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


Kate holding Vittorio's hand as he circumnavigates a fountain.


Vittorio has learned to say cheese for pictures.


He is kind of fearless these days, but I was doing what I could to provide a safety net.


The climb through and above Vincigliata is one of my favorite roads.


The junction with the bigger road is just ahead.  What a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment