Monday, October 1, 2012

Pratolino, Monte Morello, Sesto Fiorentino

After a relatively long ride yesterday, I did a much shorter outing today.  I left the apartment and climbed up Via Bolognese to Pratolino and refilled my water there.  It has become a habit, and with the temperatures more moderate, I probably don't need to plan my rides around refilling stations.  So, at Pratolino after the water, I took the back way over to the Monte Morello road, then completed the very nice, gradual (big ring) climb to Piazza DaVinci, basically at the top of the climb.  The descent was a blast, and there is a set of 6 very sharp switchbacks that I always have to be careful not to go into too fast.  They are fun and beautiful, and make you pay attention to your form and cornering technique as you descend.  This drops you into Sesto Fiorentino, and from here I ride basically flat town roads back to the apartment.  Here, you always have to pay attention with the traffic, etc., but if you push it a little, you can be as fast or faster than cars, which always makes me smile.  22 miles, one hour 40 minutes, with 2350 vertical.  Fun!  The link gives you a map and all the information on the ride.  Ciao.  (Sorry, no pictures - I had the camera with me but simply forgot to take any pictures)

Pratolino, Monte Morello, Sesto by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment