Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vincigliata, Fiesole, Pian de Mugnone, Firenze

I spent the morning with Kate and Vittorio, first grocery shopping, then helping take Vittorio for shots.  It would be very difficult for Kate to drop the groceries at her apartment with Vittorio, so either Emily or I have volunteered to go with.  They have become shoppers at the COOP, and have started going to one in the Nivoli area of Florence.  It is a very nice COOP, and reminds me of Whole Foods in Cherry Creek in Denver.  Vittorio was a trooper at the public health service for his remaining early childhood shots.  No more shots until he is 6, I think.  My Italian is not good enough to really understand what an official is saying, particularly in a fast manner to Kate.  Afterward, we got everything back to Kate's and had a quick lunch with the three of us.

I have a chess lesson I am doing for a 6 year old here, Gavan, at 5:30, so I only had time for an hour and half at the most.  I chose one of my favorites with 2 climbs and of course, 2 descents.  Around 14 miles, 1650 vertical in approximately 1 hour 10 minutes of rolling time.  Check the map, profile, and other details at the Garmin link.

Vincigliata, Fiesole, Pian de Mugnone by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


The beautiful walled road on the start of the climb to Vincigliata.


A view back toward Florence from the road across toward Fiesole.

No comments:

Post a Comment