Thursday, March 20, 2014

Beautiful spring ride on the warmest day since October.

What a beautiful day.  Unfortunately, I have caught a little cold, and almost did not go out.  After lying down, I decided to get up and get going, and I am so glad I did.  Being on the bike seems to cure me, as my head totally cleared up after around 15 minutes of riding.  For some reason, I am assuming I hit the wrong button or set of buttons after returning, the garmin information for the ride is lost.  I did look at the readings before I turned it off, though, so I have a very close recollection of the information.

I rode out through the Cascine to Signa, then over the bridge to Lastra a Signa, then along the river road to Montelupo.  Lots of riders out, as it appeared it was old guys day out on the bike.  Perhaps, the younger guys were at work.  In Montelupo I stopped for water and removed the arm and knee warmers to ride the remainder of the day with short sleeves and shorts.  First time since I would guess October.  Spring is so nice.  I stopped in Ginestra for a cafe and foccia, then climbed the little pass, up through Marliano, then continuing up past Santa Maria a Marciola, then down into Scandicci and home.  Really great ride and super to get out and have my head clear.  65 kilometers in 2:35 rolling time for an average speed of 25.3 kph with 550 meters of climbing at an average temperature of 75.  Sweet day!

Fields of ginestra in bloom on the way to Signa.


A bridge over the arno with reflection in the river on the way 
to Montelupo.


The first Iris' I have seen in bloom in Viliano.


The beautiful road toward Roveta from Viliano.


No comments:

Post a Comment