Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ups and downs close to home on a beautiful late afternoon.

A couple of hour afternoon ride after a busy morning with a trip to IKEA.  We purchased all we need for the guests expected in less than a month.  We have a few guests coming in April and early May and needed to be ready.  We are close to ready now.  We bought an architectural drawing, pen and ink, from the early 1900's of a gate structure at San Miniato, and bought a frame at IKEA and we framed it when we got back.  Looks good.  I really like it, but I am an Architect.  A quick lunch left me with a few hours to ride, so I picked some fun climbs and descents close to home.

I rode out through Le Cure and up one of my back roads to San Domenico, then up to the descent through Maiano to the start of the Vincigliata climb.  After the climb, I descended to Compiobbi, then out the main road a kilometer or so to the Monteloro climb.  Great climb as always, followed by the fun descent to Fiesole.  I turned off in Fiesole today to descend on the World Championship Course to Pian de Mugnone, then back into town on Via Faentina.  Great afternoon ride.  Warm, sunny, what more could one ask for?  27.4 miles in 2:11 rolling time for an average speed of 12.5 mph with 3130 vertical feet climbed at a sun effected, sweet temperature of 70.

Vincigliata, Compiobbi, Monteloro, Fiesole, Pian de Mugnone, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

I decided on road pictures today.  I love these little walled in roads.


A couple of road pictures of my preferred route from Le Cure
to San Domenico on Via Palazzuolo.


Climbing up toward Vincigliata.


I liked this view toward Sieci and the Arno river from the 
Monteloro climb enough to stop and take this picture.
Glad I did, it is a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment