Monday, March 31, 2014

Post Granfondo recovery ride.

Slow, easy start today, but the weather was so nice, I just had to ride.  I wanted to ride to flush out my legs from the exertion yesterday.  I ended up doing a 2-1/2 hour ride with as little vertical as I can find for that length here.  I made a big effort not to push at any point, and I think I was successful.  I ended up with a 39.2 mile ride in 2:40 rolling time for an average speed of 14.7 mph with 1122 vertical feet climbed at a perfect sun effected temperature of 76.  Out through the Cascine to the back way to Signa, across the river to Lastra a Signa, then out the river road to Montelupo.  A quick stop for water, but the line was long and I did not really need it, then up the valley to Ginestra Fiorentina, where I stopped for a cafe and water.  Back on the bike and up to Cerbia, then the only real climb of the day, with a tail wind to Chiesa Nuova, along / down the ridge to the Scandicci turn, then the descent to Scandicci.  Head down but no hard pedalling back to Firenze on the busy roads.

Flushing the legs - Firenze, Montelupo, Cerbia, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The ginestra were so bright, I felt they were calling me to take
a picture.  This is on the way to Signa from the Cascine.


Beautiful valley on a beautiful day.   The road between
Montelupo and Cerbia.


No comments:

Post a Comment