Sunday, March 16, 2014

Raduno #2, Humanitas. Ginestra, Romita, San Casciano, Scandicci.

What can I say, another beautiful day to be on the bike.  We met early, 7:30, so it started out a little chilly, but warmed up by the middle of the first little climb.  Today was the second raduno of the year, which is a multi team ride that one team sponsors.  We had around 14 today, which is a good showing, and I would guess there were 150 riders total doing the raduno.  It really is a fun scene, and for me, these rides have gone from a difficult work out to what I now call a social ride.  I ride all the time, so it is reasonable to be getting stronger.  I was recalling today, as I dialed back the effort, that I used to push almost as hard as I could to keep up.

Pretty tour today for the raduno, as the course left Scandicci and went to Lastra a Signa, then up and over the little pass to Ginestra.  Up a gentle valley to Bacciano, then the climb to Montagnana follow by the beautiful ridge climb to San Pancrazio.  We continued along the ridge to Romita, which is slightly downhill.  From Romita we dropped down to the valley, through Bargino, to the climb to San Casciano.  I resolved to ride this climb with the group, but the group broke up and I rode with Rebecca.  A nice relaxed pace was enjoyable.  From San Casciano, all back together, over through Chiesa Nuova, then down to Scandicci.  Really fun raduno, ragazzi.  Grazie.  51.4 miles in 3:22 rolling time for an average speed of 15.2 mph with 2638 vertical feet of climbing at a sun effected average temperature of 59.

Raduno Humanitas - Ginestra, Romita, San Casciano, Scandicci by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

A couple of photos of the team regrouping in Montagnana after
a short climb.  More climbing to come.


In Montagnana.


The team at the controllo, or check point in Romita.
The road from Montagnana to Romita is one of my favorites.


Lorenzo accepting the Salami as our prize for 5th place overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment