Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cool and cloudy ride with a couple of team members.

The weather definitely changed late yesterday, and we had some rain overnight.  I was up anyway, and it did not appear to be raining, so I did my morning routine and got ready to go.  The sky was lightening up to the west, so I was hopeful for a dry ride.  I rode to the team meeting place in Tavernuzze fully expecting not to see anyone there.  I was surprised by David and Andrea, and said that.  We waited a little longer, and started out.  We rode out to Greve, and the plan was Sugame and La Panca, but signs said the road was closed, so we did the standard to Panzano and returned to Greve. We continued back toward town, and David and I turned off to climb through Luiano to San Casciano, but Andrea thought it looked like rain and went directly back.

I enjoyed the Luiano climb, and the weather was actually kind of nice.  Around 60, cloudy, but quiet, and no real rain, only a few sprinkles here and there.  From San Casciano, we headed back to Scandicci through Chiesa Nuova, and then rode back into the Centro.  Looking on Strava later, when I posted by ride, I noticed Luigi had shown up after we left, and ended up riding Sugame.  The road closure must be something one can walk around or even ride around.  Next time, I will find out.  Anyway, good ride today and good to get out.  57.4 miles in 3:35 rolling time for an average speed of 16.0 mph with 2605 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 60.

Greve, Panzano, Greve, Luiano, San Casciano, Scandicci, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Kind of a dreary day, but still a good ride with two other 
team members.  Buona Giro!


The view across the valley on the Panzano climb.


No comments:

Post a Comment