Friday, August 8, 2014

Chianti hill ride solo.

Getting ready to go to the hills north of Lucca for a couple weeks tomorrow, and basically we are all ready.  There should be awesome riding there, and I am really looking forward to it.  I should be able to have my bearings from some time riding in Pescia and going to Abetone a couple of times as a base for getting started.  I cleaned the bike thoroughly this morning, and wrapped up some loose end errands, and was done around noon.  I took off for a ride, and basically did my standard Chianti tour that I take clients on, the long version with all 4 extensions.  It is a wonderful tour, and I enjoyed it today.

I took off through Ponte a Ema, then Vacciano to Impruneta.  I descended toward Falciani, then did the Luiano climb to Mercatale.  Down and up to Montefiridolfi, and a short water break.  I was stopping most locations for water as I was pouring it on my head as much as drinking it.  Got to do what you can to stay cool.  From Montefiridolfi, over on the ridge to Bibbione, then down to the Sambuca valley.  Over to Ponterotto, and a nice stop for cafe and a pastry.  Fuel!  Up to San Pancrazio, more water both into and on the body.  Across the ridge to Montagnana, then a smoking descent to Cerbia.  Up to Chiesa Nuova, then back home via Scandicci.  Great ride, and even with an average temperature of 94, if you keep moving it seems fine.  Next post will be Sunday from Ponte a Moriano.  Ciao.

Vacciano, Impruneta, Luiano, Montefiridolfi, San Pancrazio, Cerbia, Fi by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

A beautiful day and beautiful vineyards just below Luiano.


The vineyards in the valley to the northeast of Montefiridolfi,
between Mercatale and Montefiridolfi.


I am into the water sources these days, as it is getting quite hot.
This is in Montefiridolfi, and the glass pyramid is capping
the old community well head.  


No comments:

Post a Comment