Thursday, August 21, 2014

Great short tour with the grandchildren visiting all day.

A short tour today, limit of 1-1/2 hours, as we had the grandchildren all day and I escaped for a little while they watched the first movie of the afternoon.  We really had a super nice day with the nicotini, swam a couple of times in the pool, played some soccer, and generally had a wonderful day.  Viola is really swimming now which is great to see.  Torrio is his super energetic self, although that seems to be calming down, which is welcome.  I had a short window to ride, and felt good enough with the area that I linked a couple of favorites and had an excellent tour.  I started by climbing to Mastiano, then descending to Aquilea then Ponte a Moriano for the first sweet portion of the ride.  Just and excellent, beautiful road and scenery.  I rode up the Ponte a Moriano road, a relatively main road to the turn for the Brancoli villages, then cut off toward Pieve a Brancoli, which gives you a little more climbing before an awesome descent.  I really loved the descent when I did it before, and today was even better.  From the base of the descent, back home on the main roads for an excellent short tour.  The garmin link:

Mastiano, Aquilea, PIeve di Brancoli, Return by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Looking back toward the Morianese area from the road just 
past Mastiano.  I love this area so close to where we are staying.


What a beautiful little church on the descent from Pieve di Brancoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment