Monday, September 8, 2014

Late afternoon ride close to home.

I had a pretty full day of errands today, most personal, but some for work, as I prepare for a busy 6 of 8 days starting with hosting a welcome dinner tomorrow night.  I was pretty much done around 4:30, so I helped Emily with a project of hers and was off on my bike for a little over an hour by 5:30.  Fall is coming, and the late afternoon light today was excellent.  It illuminated everything well.  Up Via Bolognese to Pian de San Bartolo, then over to Cercina, up to the church above, then down option number 4 toward Carreggi.  Back up a little, then down through Carreggi, my fun turn off that add some climbing, then back home.  The back road I take from mid way through the hospital area is being re-paved, but the work was done for the day when I was riding.  It certainly appears in a few days, what was a pretty rough surface will be sweet, new pavement.  Love it.  Ciao.

Here is the garmin link:

Cercina late afternoon ride after all day errands. by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

A little spur road that I may have to explore one day.  Often when
I am riding the Cercina route, I have limited time, so I have never
taken this road.  Who knows where it goes?


Beautiful road and beautiful view on the way to Cercina.


I love the look of this church, which I have photographed many times,
above Cercina, right where the descending starts.  Maybe that is why
I like it so much.  Great light this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment