Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Scouting a flat route for clients in a couple of weeks.

I have a group that confirmed this morning for a 1/2 day in October on a day I am meeting other people at 2:30 or 3 to discuss 5 consecutive days starting the next day.  Anyway, everyone knows the situation and seems flexible so it will work, which is great for my fledgling business.  The 1/2 day group wants a relatively flat route, and my normal "flat" route usually takes clients around 4 to 5 hours, so not a 1/2 day tour.  I thought about it and came up with today's ride.  There are some options to increase or decrease the climbing, which is important.  After being so busy, I just caught up today and wanted an easy ride anyway, and yes, I have an obsessive personality, and I would feel better after I tried the route.

It worked pretty well, and I think will make the clients happy.  Out of town through the Cascine, then back in on a loop in the beautiful park.  On today's ride I took a bridge over to Scandicci, but I think for clients it would be better to do the whole loop in the Cascine then over Ponte Carraia to Porta Romana.  Up the winding route to the turn off toward Galluzzo, the up to Poggio Imperiale.  Down to Galluzzo, then over to Cinque Vie to Ponte a Ema, then up Via Carota (optional) and back to Bagno a Ripoli.  Out toward Candeli from Bagno a Ripoli, then back to town on a beautiful little flat road by the Arno.  Home past the stazione Campo de Marte.  I think it will work.  Here is the garmin link:

Scouting 'flat' route for Sue Tagmeyer by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details



The view toward Fiesole from Via Carota. 



Via Carota.  Not sure if it will be on the "flat route" but will 
definitely include it as an option.  Adding this increases the 
climbing by around 80 vertical meters.


No comments:

Post a Comment