Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Santa Brigida and Doccia hills on a perfect day to ride.

What a perfect day for a ride.  Yesterday, I was still tired from Sunday, and had the beginnings of a slight cold, so I stayed in all day.  Today, I awoke feeling better, and am hoping the cold will not happen.  I wanted to get back on the bike, as it almost always makes me feel better, and today was no exception.  It did not hurt that it was one of the first real "Fall" days, with the temperature around 62 when I started and around 70 at the finish.  Arm warmers up and down depending on whether I was climbing or descending, then into the tailgater around 2/3 the way through the ride.

I rode a route I don't normally ride, and it was super fun.  Up Via Faentina to Olmo, which is pretty normal for me, but then I continued up to the top at Alberaccio, then down to the turn off for Santa Brigida.  Lots of ups and downs riding through Santa Brigida, Fornello, and Doccia to the descent to Rufina starting at the windmill.  I stopped at a favorite bar for a pastry and cafe, then back on the bike, retracing a kilometer or two to the "Popes road".  Love this little road, which I rode into Pontasieve.  From Pontasieve, a few kilometers of cranking before taking the turn at the edge of Sieci to climb back up to the windmill.  I love this climb and do not ride it that often these days.  From the windmill, back to Doccia, then the fun switchback filled descent to Molino del Piano and back into Sieci.  From there, it really is a head down crank back into town.

Such a nice ride today!  I just love being out, doing something I love, in this truly perfect weather.  I will do everything I can to enjoy it while I can.  Here is the garmin link for all the ride information:

Faentina, Olmo, Doccia, Rufina, Pontasieve, Doccia, Sieci, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The view to the south on the way to Santa Brigida.


One of my favorite water spots in Santa Brigida.
I know I say that about lots of fountains.


Between Doccia and the windmill, this is one of the many
excellent views.


Such a beautiful day, and the fields were so green on the way 
to Pontasieve on the tiny road on the west side of the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment