Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Leccio and Regello on a perfect late summer day.

With lots of work coming up, I planned a relatively long ride today.  Other commitments got in the way, but I still found 3 plus hours and simply modified the route I planned.  As it turns out, the route I rode was really nice, and whereas I have ridden all the different parts many times, I have never connected them in this ride.  So, it was great.  From town, out through Ponte a Ema then up Via Carota to Osteria Nuova continuing up to San Donato in Collina.  The descent through Troghi, Cellai, Le Valle, to the turn for the outlet stores was really nice today with almost no traffic.  Left, then across the river, then left again to Leccio where I turned to climb to Regello.  I am not sure, but I think I have only climbed this road one or two times.  It is a nice climb, and a stop in Regello at one of my favorite spots waited.  I had a cafe and a cookie, which were both great.  I was mistaken for an Italian by an American couple who I heard say, "I guess they just have espressos here all day long".  Not sure what it means to be mistaken for an Italian, but it does not happen often.  I am often told by people that I look like the prototypical American.

From Regello, the road rolls quite a bit climbing and descending to Donnini.  From Donnini, it is a great, fast descent to San Ellero where you catch the main road.  Back to Pontasieve on the main road, then back into town with a stop in Sieci for some needed water.  It did get a little hot today, but with cooler weather on the way, the heat was welcome.  Ciao a tutti!  Here is the garmin link:

Carota, San Donato, Leccio, Regello, Donnini, Sieci, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Climbing to Regello from Leccio on another pretty perfect
day here in Tuscany.  Che Bella!


One of the many beautiful curves on the road between 
Regello and Donnini.


Climbing toward Donnini from Regello.


No comments:

Post a Comment