Thursday, June 5, 2014

Another training ride, less climbing but steeper!

Another short training ride today, and I wanted climbing and difficulty, and a different route, so I came up with something interesting.  I left town through Le Cure, then up Via Faentina to Pian de Mugnone, where I turned to climb to Fiesole.  This is a nice, kind of difficult climb, max grade is around 13%, and the average is around 8%.  I continued up from Fiesole, then rode over to the Vincigliata road and descended this for a change.  Fun descent.  At the bottom, you can turn left and climb a tiny back road to Montebeni, above Settignano.  I have descended this road a few times, but today was my first attempt at climbing it.  It was fun, but quite tough.  Strava had the average at 12.5% and the steepest pieces above 30%.  It sure felt like it.

After you get to Montebeni, it is very mellow, and I continued up the road toward Fiesole, then turned right and climbed to Olmo.  A great descent down Via Faentina all the way to Le Cure, then home.  I felt pretty good, so I am believing I am ready for Sunday.  Ciao.

Check out Climbing - Pian de Mugnone, Fiesole, Vincigliata, Settignano wall, Olmo, Firenze on Strava.com! It's a 41.7 km ride I did on Thursday, June 5, 2014.

Not the best photo, but through the trees you can see the belltower
in Settignano, but this road bypasses the town.


This beautiful little road is the start of the super difficult climb
on what I call the Settignano wall - steepest part is 32%!

No comments:

Post a Comment