Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sette Ponte - great ride!

My energy is back today, and I did a planned relatively long ride.  I had not done my version of Sette Ponte in a while, and it is one of my favorites, so I did it today.  I did my usual route for this ride with one change.  I enjoy going out through Ponte a Ema and up Via Carota to Osteria Nuova, then up and over San Donato and down to the turn toward the outlet malls.  I ride around the outlet malls, on both sides of the river, then over through Mattissino and keep taking the roads to Castelfranco di Sopra.  The sette ponte road starts for me here, and it is basically pure enjoyment over to Regello.

In Regello, I always stop for a cafe and pastry, and today it was perfect.  The weather is totally cooperating right now with highs around 80.  It threatened rain after Regello, but never happened.  After Regello, a lot of ups and downs over to Donnini, then a good climb to Tosi.  After Tosi, it is mostly downhill, and today I turned off in Paterno and took the little road down to Carbonile, then the main road back to Pontasieve, and power rode home to Firenze.  I had around 6k on the main road behind a guy who pulled at a very nice pace of around 45kph - sweet.  Fun ride and great to have my energy back.  Ciao.

San Donato in Collina, Sette Ponte, Tosi, Carbonile, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Coming up to Castelfranco di Sopra.  The gate is straight ahead.


A classic sign with the road curving ahead on strada Sette Ponte.


The church in Pian de Scio.  I never stop here, but like the half
circle extensions on the church.  


Trying to show what the road is like.  You can see a couple of curves
just below, and across the valley the road before it crosses the drainage.


The typical landscape on Sette Ponte.


A view back toward the Chianti hills from the Strada Sette Ponte.


No comments:

Post a Comment