Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Training ride for Sunday - lots of climbing in the shortest distance possible.

I did a relatively short ride today, but included as much quick climbing as I could, as I need to do climbing to be ready for the sufferfest that will be the granfondo event with the team this Sunday.  This Sunday's ride with have 2600 meters of climbing in 61 kilometers (including the descents), and today's  ride had 1200 meters of climbing in 50 kilometers or so.  I guess Sunday will be a little steeper and relentless.  I did not have that much time today, as Viola had her school show this afternoon, which was really fun.  A bunch of 5 year olds dressed up and singing for parents and grandparents. 

I was on my older Lightspeed, and it was really pretty nice to ride it.  My new bike was in the shop for needed maintenance.  I ride so many kilometers that I need to change things, like the chain, more often than I am used to.  Also, the drop out has been bent a couple of times and needed replacement.  All done now and ready to go. 

Training - San Domenico, Vincigliata, Montefanna, Montesenario, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

A beautiful villa on the steep climb to Montefanna.


My objective for today on the top of the hill, Montesenario.


I never get tired of this road or this view up the road on 
the way to Vincigliata.


The water source and my #2 bike at Montesenario.  My new 
bike was in the shop today for maintenance.


A view to the South, the Florence basin from the water source
at Montesenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment