Monday, June 30, 2014

Monteloro

Today should have been a day off, but I think Wednesday and Thursday may be off for other reasons, so with nice weather holding after a crazy rain storm last night, I took off for a short ride.  I went out the main road to Le Falle, just short of Sieci, and turned to go up through Monteloro to Olmo.  On the way, while eating my ride banana, another rider passed me.  I finished the banana, put some effort into it, then we worked together, actually taking turns out to my turn off.  It made for a fast ride, and was fun.  It seems unusual here for someone to take turns leading, so it was nice.

The Monteloro climb was great as always, and at the top I decided to continue the climb to descend Via Faentina through Olmo, Caldine, Pian de Mugnone, to Le Cure, then home.  Really nice descent, so quite fun as always.  Today is Viola's last day of school, so when I pick her up in an hour or so, we will meet Emily and Torrio for a celebration ice cream sundae.  Ciao.

Sieci, Monteloro, Caldine, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

It is a pretty road up to Monteloro, mostly in the shade.


Always nice to see some new floor on the way up.


The stone farm house on the hillside caught my attention.


A new water source in Monteloro.  3 taps for different
temperature water and different uses.  Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment