Friday, June 27, 2014

Great ride through La Panca and San Polo on a perfect late June day.

I got out around 11, and with muy commitment to pick up Viola after school, I had a maximum of 4 hours to ride.  I had La Panca in mind, and checked my old times on Garmin, and found out the last time I rode this was with Nate and Tina in early May.  I had plenty of time, so I was off for one of my favorite rides.  I rode out through Ponte a Ema, then up Via Carota to Osteria Nuova.  At the butcher's this morning, he was telling me about a monument to Gino Bartali on the way up from Osteria Nuova, and I paid attention today, and there it was.  Kind of cool.  Gino Bartali is a great story and a real Italian hero.

Up to San Donato in Collina, with a fast average speed of 20.6, which is good for me.  I really enjoyed the descent after getting water in San Donato, then a few ups and downs to Incisa.  A short stretch on the flats in a kind of industrial area, then you get the turn toward Greve and Passo de Sugame.  The road work is finished and there are two new round a bouts, and they work quite well.  Such a nice, gradual climb to Dudda, where I got more water, then continued climbing to the turn for La Panca.  A short descent, fun, then the completion of the climb to La Panca.  I just love the descent from there, simply a Tuscan classic.  Like a lot of things today, kind of perfect.  I am blessed.  I had time, so I continued descending from the junction to Strada, then climbed to San Polo, where I had a cafe in a favorite bar.  The last real climb to the little pass on the way to Capanuccia, then a fun, long descent to Grassina.  Back home through Cinque Vie.  Fun ride today.

San Donato, La Panca, Firenze - solo - perfect weather by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

I love the climb up to Dudda from Figline.  Beautiful road on
a beautiful day.  


A really special, beautiful road and climb to La Panca.


A villa on the hill close to La Panca on the short climb after the turn off.


No comments:

Post a Comment