Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Afternoon ride to Monte Morello.

This morning I was babysitting, and tonight we have guests coming over, but Emily did all the work for the guests, so she encouraged me to go for a ride this afternoon.  I connected some pieces in a different way today, which was fun and a little different.  I started riding up Via Faentina from Le Cure all the way to Olmo.  It is a nice climb, but for some reason, I almost never climb this, but often descend here. At the top, I took the road over toward Bivigliano, and continued climbing to the turn off to Pratolino.  A fun but short descent, then a nice connector to the Monte Morello road.  This road is a super mellow climb, which was super enjoyable today.  Up here, I needed the arm warmers I had brought.  An excellent descent to Sesto Fiorentino is next, which is really fun.  There is a particular stretch where there are 6 super tight switchbacks, which take all your attention.  From Sesto, it is a power ride home on pretty busy streets with city traffic.  Excellent ride - 26.5 miles in 1:58 for an average speed of 13.4 mph with 2323 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 76.  Sweeeeeet!

Via Faentina, Olmo, Pratolino, Monte Morello by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

I love stopping here for water, a little relaxing, and this great view in Pratolino.


Looking to the North from the ridge climb to Monte Morello.


No comments:

Post a Comment