Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Nice 3 hour ride to the south.

The weather was very nice this morning after two out of three days of rain, so I changed some plans and headed out for a solo ride.  I needed to get back for a couple of things, so I only had 3 to 3-1/2 hours for the ride.  I put together a route with a couple of pieces I have not ridden much and really enjoyed the ride.  I do have a saddle sore that needs attention, but it is not too bad, so I was off on the ride.  I am a little more sore than normal, probably due to changing my normal position and standing more, but it was great.  I also changed the chain on my bike yesterday, as I had a rattle developing when coasting, and when I looked up the recommended mileage for a change of chain, I was way over it.  The new chain basically took care of the rattle, although it will take a couple of rides for it to truly marry itself to the sprockets.

I rode out through Ponte a Ema then up to Osteria Nuova on Via Carota and Via Roma.  I descended to Antella, then climbed up / descended to Capanuccia.  A little sort of flat riding, then the beautiful climb then short descent to San Polo.  A great, very gradual descent is next and you can pretty much put the pedal to the metal here.  A little climb to Strada, then a descent to Ferrone is next.  A turn to the right and a short descent down a very gradual valley to the Luiano climb.  From there, over through San Casciano to Chiesa Nuova, then powering home by way of Galluzzo and Poggio Imperiale.  What a great ride on a very nice day.  44.6 miles in 2:57 rolling time for an average speed of 15.1 mph with 3196 vertical feet of climbing at an average temperature of 72.

Solo ride to the south through San Polo, Luiano by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Riding into the tree tunnel on the way to Osteria Nuova.


The vineyards are changing colors here between Antella and Capanuccia.


No comments:

Post a Comment