Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fun ride to Monte Morello.

Quick solo ride after catching up.  I love taking out clients and sharing the cycling here, but it always surprises me how much I enjoy getting out by myself after a busy stretch.  I can push it, don't look behind me much and just go.  Super fun today.  Another storm is predicted to arrive tonight, and it certainly looked like it on the ride.  Up Via Bolognese to Pratolino, then over on the cut off to the Monte Morello road, then up to the top there, then the super fun descent to Sesto.  I love the section with 8 super tight switchbacks one after the other.  Great ride this afternoon.  I think it's cocktail time.  Ciao.  21.9 miles in 1:37 rolling time for an average speed of 13.5 mph with 1985 vertical feet of climbing at an average temperature of 69.

Monte Morello - solo by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details




 A couple of pictures from the road between Pratolino and Monte Morello.
One view to the east with Fiesole in the saddle, and one to the north
showing the next storm coming in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment