Sunday, October 13, 2013

Great client ride in the Chianti hills with all the extra options included.

I had a very nice ride with clients in the Chianti hills today.  They were both pretty strong riders, and were as easy to guide as they could be.  I did the Chianti ride that allows for many expansion / contraction options, as I had no idea how long they wanted to be out or how strong they were.  Dave, who is retired and my age is Colorado's uncle.  Colorado's parents just loved my home state and named their daughter Colorado.  She spent a summer in Gunnison, so she knew some of my old stomping grounds.  We had to navigate a large "Corri la Vita" or run for life, breast cancer event on the way out of town, but that was fine.  They enjoyed all the climbs and descents and basically went around my normal pace, which makes life pretty easy for me.

We stopped for a nice pastry and cafe in Impruneta at my normal place, and it was good as always.  They choose all the expansion options for riding, which made for an excellent ride.  We had a second stop at the place at the crossroads in San Pancrazio, and had good paninis.  They enthusiastically loved the roads and the ride, which always makes me feel good.  They may even try to fit another day in while they are here, but that involves a discussion with the others in the travel group.

We rode out past Piazzale Michaelangelo, through Galluzzo, Cinque Vie, Vacciano, San Gersole, Monteoriolo, Impruneta, Ferrone, Luiano, Montefiridolfi, Ponterotto, San Pancrazio, La Ripa, Cerbia, Chiesa Nuova, Scandicci, and back to the shop in Firenze.  Great ride guys, and thanks for the business.  51.3 miles in 4:04 riding time for an average speed of 12.6 mph with 3829 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 64.  Great day!

Nice ride in the Chianti hills with great clients by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Dave and Colorado climbing above Vacciano on the way to San Gersole.


Here are Dave and Colorado in the valley below Montefiridolfi.  I love this spot for pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment