Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cercina on a cloudy morning.

Rain predicted for this afternoon, although as I write, the weather is holding pretty nice in Florence.  I am planning a long ride tomorrow, and decided that due to my saddle sore and a committment this afternoon to help a friend of Emily's at IKEA, which could be a pretty open ended committment, that a short ride was in order today.  I did a standard for me, and really enjoyed it.  The last time I rode this area was with clients, and it is pretty curvy, steep, and the roads are tiny, so taking clients here is a very different experience.  Anyway, a blast this morning.  Great climb and it is nice that you turn off just before the 10 to 12% part of Via Bolognese starts.  Even better descent with little to no traffic.  So lucky to have so many great quality short rides here to enjoy.  14.9 miles in 1:08 rolling time for an average speed of 13.0 mph with 1512 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 68.

Quick, cloudy morning ride on a busy day by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details




I was trying to show the cloud cover dropping and approaching
on both of these pictures on the way from San Bartolo to Cercina.


No comments:

Post a Comment