Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nice Montesenario climb in my new vintage jersey.

Emily gave me and early birthday present and a nice lunch today in the Centro.  We had seen some vintage jerseys a few weeks ago, but I thought they were too expensive and passed.  She returned and paid for one, but we both went to the store today to verify the jersey she picked out.  It was definitely the one I liked best, and it was also the largest one, which is still tight although I have lost around 20 pounds in the last 2 years.  I love the jersey, and wore it on my ride today.  For some reason, I had energy for climbing, and with a late start, I decided to climb Montesenario.  It is a super climb, basically direct from the apartment of around 810 vertical meters.  I took a break at the top, and asked a person to take a couple of pictures.  The guy could not have been nicer, and he took a couple.  He also told me he was with his wife and today they were there to celebrate their 44th wedding anniversary.  They were married at Montesenario 44 years ago.

I rode down from Montesenario into Bivigliano, then over to Alberaccio, then down to the Monteloro road.  I did the short climb, and then descended on a road that I climb quite often.  Super fun descent.  At the bottom I hooked into the main river road at Le Falle, and powered back to Firenze solo.  Really fun, energy filled ride.  31.4 miles in 2:17 rolling time for an average speed of 13.8 mph with 3094 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 72.  Ciao.

Montesenario plus Monteloro descent by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

I asked someone to take a couple of pictures to record the new vintage
jersey I was wearing today at Montesenario.


The Convento in the background while modeling the new (old) jersey.


No comments:

Post a Comment