Saturday, October 25, 2014

Art's last day - Pinone, Montagnana, La Ripa, Firenze.

A few culinary delights today.  We stopped at the bar in Pinone and the crostata was wonderful.  I had one with frutti di bosco.  The chef up there is great with pastries.  After the return to town, we stopped at a bakery close to where Art was staying just south of Piazza Santa Spirito.  He had a slice there yesterday and loved it.  Today, we each had a slice and shared two excellent pizzas, very different as well.  Art treated us to a dinner on his last night at Cafe Giovanni, also close to Santa Spirito.  I really think the veal loin that Art had was the best, but with a 2009 Brunello di Montalcino, Chingiale on Polenta, a filet in a creamy pepper sauce, and pear / chocolate tort, the list is long for what was great.  Good restaurant, I highly recommend.  Emily and I had been there for lunch a number of times, but this was our first dinner there.

Italian phrases / words?  Crostata (kind of a pie like pastry) frutti di bosco (fruits of the woods - berries of many different kinds, always fresh).

Today was Arts last day riding with me and he was great to ride with and I really appreciate the business.  I had done business with Art in my former life and we were acquaintances through Richard Melnick, who left Friday morning.  Art and his wife, Mindy and another couple were among my first clients in my first cycling season here, and I really appreciate both the faith he had in me the first trip and the fact that he returned two years later for a "guys" trip.  Hope to see him again here in two more years.  I love the new friendship that is blossoming as we spend more time together.  Thanks for "Riding with Cosimo".

Ciao,  Here is the garmin link for the ride.

Last day with Art - Pinone, Montelupo, Montagnana, La Ripa, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Art is enjoying the incredible views from the road
to Pinone, above Carmignano.


Here, Art is finishing the hard part of the climb to the ridge
that leads to Montagnana.


Art, really enjoying our last day out in pretty perfect conditions.


The sky was so clear and the landscape so beautiful, I had
to take a picture on a break on the way up to Chiesa Nuova.


No comments:

Post a Comment