Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My version of the Giro de Mugello on a cool Autumn day.

For now, I am enjoying the solo rides.  I was a busy boy for most of October, but 4 months of time off seem to be starting now.  If any tours come up, of course I will say yes, but from experience, that is unlikely this time of year.  Great tour into the Mugello today.  I had wanted to take my last couple of multi-day groups on this tour, but it just did not work out.  I really enjoyed though.  Taste treat has to be the cafe machiato and brioche alla ciocolatta at the tiny bar in Sant Agata.  It is a favorite spot and the two young owners always seem happy to see me and are very welcoming.  Highly recommended stop.  Italian phrase of the day - buonissimo or really good, which is what the brioche and cafe tasted on a pretty cold ride, as autumn sets in here.  Here is the garmin link for the ride:

Giro de Mugello - Sant Agata, Galliano, Bosco ai Frati by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Looking toward Scarperia at the beginning of the climb toward
Sant Agata.


Looking back at Sant Agata on the way to Galliano.
I love the little town and the bar / cafe there.


One of my favorite roads in Tuscany from Bosco ai Frati
back toward San Piero a Sieve.  My friend Don Cook calls
it the "401 of road biking".  Couldn't agree more.


Different exposure of the same spot on the way to 
San Piero a Sieve.




No comments:

Post a Comment