Thursday, October 30, 2014

Recovery ride on a perfect weather day.

I probably should have taken a day off today, but as you can see from the pictures below, the weather was just so nice, I could not resist.  It is predicted to be the same for the next 3 days.  I did however, manage to do a real recovery ride with very little climbing and I kept the energy level under control.  What a day to get out in the country.

Today's taste treat was a slice of pizza from one of the best bakeries in town called Pugi, in piazza San Marco.  I was on my way home after buying a new bluetooth speaker so I can listen to music at home with some fidelity.  It is my treat for a reasonably successful season guiding.  I like my local bakery much better for many things, but for a slice and some other things like grassini, I think it is the best.  Hey there is the Italian phrase of the day as well, grassini is plural for breadstick, which they make at Pugi in a twisted shape with pastry that flakes off and you can taste the butter it is made with.  Hmmm, after writing that, I feel like going over there for some grassini.  Ciao for now.  Here is the garmin link:

Recovery ride - Montelupo, Cerbia, Chiesanuova, Scandicci by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details




A beautiful old building turned into a hotel with some
new buildings attached.  It must be a de-consecrated church.


The valley between Montelupo and Cerbia.


Fall colors on the climb to Chiesanuova.


I stopped to get my vest back out for the finish of the ride into
Scandicci, then Firenze.  This beautiful view was there, so 
I pulled out the camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment