Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 2 with Richard and Art - daily Culinary delight and Italian phrase.

With Art and Richard staying with us, at least for one more day, and Emily chiming in about the blog, I have decided to take some advice and try something a little different.  I know there are blog readers out there and please comment on the changes if you like the prior format better.  Basically, the consensus is that the daily description of the route is getting at least a little dry at this point, and I should try to shoot for perhaps a daily "Culinary delight" along with a daily Italian phrase related to cycling, so here we go.

Culinary delight of the day:  Today, definitely the sandwich (panini in Italian, which could also double as today's Italian word (parole), and you definitely want to be able to order a panini at any bar / cafe in the countryside.  I ordered the panini for Art, and he had asked  for a sandwich with some ham or whatever on a croissant, which I tried to order.  The husband and wife behind the counter told me basically that you should not mix sweets (dolce) which a croissant was to them with ham, then they asked if schiaciatta would be ok (va bene).  The husband also suggested stracchino, a soft cheese, to which I responded yes.  The sandwich was served warm, and a little large for Art alone, so Richard and I had to help a little.  From my point of view, it was an awesome panini.  Great spot in Bivigliano and I will keep it in mind for the future.

Anyone who wants the ride details can check the following garmin link:

Day 2 with Richard and Art - into the Mugello by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Posed just below Castello Vincigliata.


Art in the mist on the way toward cafe "Renault"


Art and Richard on the way to Bivigliano.


We stopped in Bivigliano for a panini for Art.  It was the first time
I stopped at this spot for food and the panini was great.  
Here, Art is rocking' the panini.  Awesome.


Art and Richard, changing outer layers close to the top of
our last climb of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment