Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 3 with Tina and Nate - San Donato, Bombone, Rosano, Monteloro, Olmo.

We had a late start, as Tina and Nate spent the morning at museums and art galleries.  They have lots of energy and are getting both lots of riding and lots of sightseeing.  Good for them, awesome job.  I knew last night what the schedule would be, and revised my ride possibilities to get a shorter, but still great ride.  I believe I succeeded, as they were both super happy with the ride.  Nate is a professional videographer, and took a GoPro camera with us today.  I am looking forward to the finished product, as it will be a great marketing tool.  He is doing it for promotion, and can then write off his trip.  Great for me.

We rode out of town through Ponte a Ema, then up Via Carota to Osteria Nuova, then up to San Donato in Collina.  We switched the camera harness to me, and it was mounted so I could lead the descent and take footage of Nate riding behind me.  I saw the results after we returned, and the footage is great.  We enjoyed the descent and turned off in Cellai to the steep climb to start the tiny back road experience over to Bombone.  What a beautiful road and ride.  Today was the first day since last fall that I rode with only shorts and short sleeves - sweet weather.  I love it.  We hooked up with the main road over to Rosano and really enjoyed the mostly descent from Bombone.  I have been working with Tina on descending and this was a perfect road for her to feel confident and try out my suggestions.  I think it all worked as she caught up at the bottom with a huge smile on her face.

From Rosano, we headed over toward Pontasieve, then down to Sieci, before turning off for the Monteloro climb.  A great climb, but for the first time all week they started to show some fatigue as the climb wore on.  At the top, we decided on going home by way of Olmo and Via Faentina, a sweet ride and descent.  Another great opportunity for Tina to feel good about her improving descending skills.  Back home through Le Cure, then some food for the hungry young people as bonking was just starting.  Another great day out with these two fun clients.

Day 3 with Tina and Nate - San Donato, Cellai, Bombone, Rosano, Monteloro by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

An over the head shot of Nate and Tina on the way to Osteria Nuova.


Nate on Via Carota with his go-pro harness taking video.


Nate, cruising toward Bombone.


Tina on one of my favorite roads from Cellai to Bombone.


Nate, going ahead just past Monteloro.


Above Monteloro getting close to finishing the last climb of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment