Thursday, May 22, 2014

Good ride with Pinone Samontanna, and Montespertoli on a warm day.

It is interesting how my favorites change over time, but much of the route I took today has become one of them.  I chose the ride as it was relatively long but much of it allows a spin, read not too hilly, which is what I was after today.  The climb to Pinone from Signa is just really nice, and it is only around 450 vertical meters, so it is fine even for a flat ride.  It is also a very popular cycling route and it is always fun to see other cyclists.  The bar at the top is in full summer mode now, and I enjoyed some frattini con riso and a cafe machiato.  Both were excellent.  Good water up there as well.  Great descent to Limite, then only 3 kilometers on the busy road to Montelupo.  I decided in Montelupo to add the route to Samontanna, Villanuova, and Ortimino to Montespertoli.  

It is a nice ride, around 1/2 of it on tiny roads, and much of the busy road ride is very pretty, some of it on a ridge with views both directions.  It was kind of warm today, I would guess a high around 85, and humid, so the air was pretty hazy, I think due to the humidity.  It is fine if you keep moving, as cycling creates an excellent breeze.  The humidity morphed into very light rain showers on the climb to Chiesa Nuova and a little in Scandicci.  It felt good, cooling things off a little, and it never even made the roads wet.  A perfect shower.  Excellent ride on a nice day.  Soon a high of 85 will feel quite temperate.

Check out Signa, Pinone, Limite, Montelupo, Samontanna, Montespertoli, Chiesa Nuova, Firenze on Strava.com! It's a 95.9 km ride I did on Thursday, May 22, 2014.

The vineyards in the Samontanna area.


The beautiful road to Villanuova.


This hill, covered with vineyards was calling to me 
for a picture, on the way to Ortimino.


No comments:

Post a Comment