Saturday, May 24, 2014

Giro de Mugello reverse, with the team.

Up early for a tour with the team today.  We had a group of 6, 3 men and 3 women, a nice, but unusual mix here.  It is mostly men riding, but we have a number of women on our team, which is nice.  All three women have gotten quite a bit stronger in the last month or two, which is also nice.  We had one new person joining us, whose name I forgot (sorry), as well.  He wore out pretty good by the end, so we shall see if he continues to ride with us.  I hope he felt welcomed and we waited when he was left behind, so all should be good.  Laura wanted to do the Giro de Mugello in reverse today, which was fine.

We met a Obihall, and went east a little before I got the word we were heading to Fiesole first.  We ended up on a climb that I had not done in a while, which takes you to the Maiano junction. Up to the main Fiesole road from there, then a nice pace up to Vetta alla Croce.  The last 3 kilometers of so, David and I put the pedal down pretty hard, which was fun as the pace was quite mellow until then.  We all descended toward Borgo San Lorenzo, and took one of my favorite roads over to Dicomano, where we took a break for cafe and the bathroom.  From Dicomano, it is the main road back to Firenze.  Nice weather, not hot at all, in fact at times cool in the valleys.  Great to get out.  I wished a couple of the riders a good tour tomorrow, as they are doing the ride to Cecina at the sea through Volterra, a definite favorite of mine.  I have work, which I am very happy to have, but will miss the tour tomorrow.  Ciao a Tutti!

Check out Giro de Mugello reverse, con squadra. on Strava.com! It's a 91.4 km ride I did on Saturday, May 24, 2014.

The squadra on the way to Veccio.


An over the head, behind me picture of Francesca
taking a picture of me, taking a picture of her.  Surprise!


The team on the beautiful little road between Veccio and 
Dicomano.  Che Bella!


No comments:

Post a Comment