Sunday, May 18, 2014

McKenzie meet and greet and ride to Impruneta and Ferrone.

I did my first "meet and greet" for Dominick this year today.  I met a very nice and fit couple from Victoria, BC at Florence by Bike, and helped them get set up on their bikes.  I rode out of town with them via Piazzale Michaelangelo where we stopped to see the view and take some pictures, all with their camera.  I rode with them out to Impruneta, where we had a cafe and discussed the route for the remainder of their day.  We rode together down to the main road and I turned off to return via Luiano and San Casciano after explaining to them the directions to Greve.  They are using an excellent service that Dominick provides for a self guided tour.  He sets up bike rentals, hotels in Florence, Radda, and Siena, and luggage and gear transfers.  After I left them they were off on their adventure for a week of beautiful self guided riding.

Tomorrow will be a day off the bike, as I am pretty tired after many, many days of guiding people riding since late March.  My next tour scheduled at this point is next Sunday, so I will enjoy some time to ride solo and simply rest my body.  There are 3 events coming up in the first 3 weekends for the team, all with a fair amount of climbing, so perhaps I should get ready for that this week.  We shall see. Ciao.

McKenzie meet and greet, guide to Impruneta and Ferrone. by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Looking up through their vineyards to the Luiano Estate.


The view to the east on the climb toward Luiano.


No comments:

Post a Comment