Monday, May 26, 2014

Quick afternoon ride after immigration errands.

A quick 1 hour plus ride this afternoon as I had a number of other things to do or that still need to be done.  I am at a point with my immigration here that I need to prove a certain language proficiency and show some other things to get "points" that show I am trying to integrate into the Italian culture.  I received a letter saying I needed to show them certain things in the next 2 weeks, so I went to the office on the letter today.  A very different experience immigration wise. I had to wait in a pretty small area with some others, but a person eventually came and took me to her office and was very nice and helpful.  She went out of her way to help, showed me how to navigate some things to sign up for the language test, and said she would follow up with my application for the test afterward.  She also said to call or email if I had any questions she could answer.  How nice!  

Also, Emily (mostly) and I were taking care of Vittorio this morning as Kate was doing some things for Nicco's mother.  So, when I returned from my immigration adventure, it was wild time with Torrio, who today had on a cape and was "super, super, duper man".  He is a real piece of work these days, and takes a lot of energy, but wow, he is really fun!  Kate had a difficult time with some of the things she was doing so when she returned, I took her and Torrio out to our neighborhood sandwich place for a cheeseburger.  Emily had lunch plans.  So, after this I still had an hour or two for a ride, as we are attending a lecture about saving Italian art treasures later today by the person who wrote the book that the new movie, "Monuments Men" is based on.  A full day.  Still, a good ride with a fair amount of climbing on a beautiful day, although it is starting to get pretty warm in the afternoon with the sun.  Up through Le Cure to San Domenico, then down through Maiano then up past Vincigliata to hook up with the road to Fiesole.  A little climbing left, then a sweet descent to Fiesole, then I took the descent to Pian de Mugnone, then back home on Via Faentina.  

Check out San Domenico, Vincigliata, Fiesole, Pian de Mugnone, Firenze on Strava.com! It's a 22.3 km ride I did on Monday, May 26, 2014.

The beautiful road above Vincigliata.  Just about to the turn
off to go toward Fiesole.


I love the view of this villa between Vincigliata and Fiesole. 
I tried holding the camera high above the fence while riding
but unfortunately the fence is still in the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment